NY Rising Rental Properties and Co-Op/ Condominium Recovery Programs Application is Now Available
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Recovery Intake Centers
- Small Business Recovery Centers
- Apply for Assistance
- CDBG-DR Action Plan
- Federal Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force Strategy
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- Sandy Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Funding
- Procurement Opportunities
55-year-old homeowner, Diana McHugh, resided in her Seaford neighborhood for over four decades before being severely-impacted by Superstorm Sandy in October 2012. After hearing about NY Rising from a friend, Ms. McHugh applied to receive assistance through the program. As a result, she is now in the process of rebuilding her house, elevating its structure and making improvements that will act as safeguards from future storms.
On Monday, April 7, building on its commitment to form stronger and more resilient communities, the Governor’s Office of Storm Recovery announced an expansion of its Enhanced Buyout Program–extending the initiative to members of the Graham Beach neighborhood of Staten Island.