NY Rising Rental Properties and Co-Op/ Condominium Recovery Programs Application is Now Available
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Housing Recovery Intake Centers
- Small Business Recovery Centers
- Apply for Assistance
- CDBG-DR Action Plan
- Federal Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force Strategy
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- Sandy Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Funding
- Procurement Opportunities
On Wednesday, April 23, Governor Cuomo joined hundreds of New Yorkers to unveil a series of community-driven plans that will enhance cities, towns and villages throughout the State. Developed and spearheaded by 50 local committees (with the help of local leaders, experts and officials), the plans will effectively transform New York– making it more resilient, and better prepared, for future storms that come its way.
55-year-old homeowner, Diana McHugh, resided in her Seaford neighborhood for over four decades before being severely-impacted by Superstorm Sandy in October 2012. After hearing about NY Rising from a friend, Ms. McHugh applied to receive assistance through the program. As a result, she is now in the process of rebuilding her house, elevating its structure and making improvements that will act as safeguards from future storms.