The New York Rising Community Reconstruction Program has been established to provide additional rebuilding and revitalization assistance to Communities severely damaged by Hurricanes Sandy and Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. To facilitate community redevelopment planning and the resilience of Communities, the State has established the New York Rising Community Reconstruction Program and has allocated $25 million for planning in the most affected communities.
Later allocations of funds will be used to support the implementation of projects and activities identified in the plans that the identified communities will produce.
Click the image below to view NYRCR Community Reconstruction Plans
Click on a region to learn more!
New York Rising Storm Recovery Conferences
- NY Rising Spring Conference Video (Awards Ceremony)
- NY Rising Spring Conference Video (Afternoon Session)
- NY Rising Spring Conference Video (Morning Session)
- Governor Cuomo Hosts NY Rising Community Reconstruction Conference in Week Before 1-Year Sandy Anniversary
- NY Rising Fall Conference Video (Morning Session)
- NY Rising Fall Conference Video (Afternoon Session)
A sampling of Proposed Projects from the NY Rising Community Reconstruction Plans
- Community Resilience Techniques
- NY Rising Fall Conference Program
- Conference Session: Planning to Succeed
- Program Overview
- Sample Housing Needs Assessment
- Sample Economic Needs Assessment
- Risk Assessment Mapping Methodology
- Inventory and Coastal Risk Assessment Tool
- Inventory and Riverine Risk Assessment Tool
- Risk Assessment Maps