Eligibility: (Full eligibility requirements are outlined in the Program Policy Manual)
Have unmet, eligible, rehabilitation, repair, replacement and mitigation needs as a result of an eligible storm after accounting for all other Federal, State, local and/or private sources of disaster-related assistance, including, but not limited to, flood insurance proceeds.
All applicant businesses must be defined as a small business by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- All applicant businesses must have impacted premises in one of the eligible disaster affected counties:
- Superstorm Sandy: Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties
- Hurricane Irene: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Nassau, Orange, Ostego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren and Washington counties
- Tropical Storm Lee: Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Fulton, Herkimer, Oneida, Orange, Ostego, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Tompkins and Ulster counties
- To view the Program Policy Manual, click here
- Individuals interested in mentoring through Business Mentor NY are requested to have at least five years of management experience or three years of business ownership experience. The program has been initially targeted to all businesses that are located in counties that were subject to a federal disaster declaration as a result of storms Irene, Lee and Sandy, though a business does not have to have been storm-impacted to be eligible for the program.
New York Rising Reconciliation