Skip to main content

Program Eligibility & Forms

Visit a Housing Recovery Intake Center near you for program details.

NY Rising Housing Recovery Program Eligibility:

  • You live in one of the counties designated a disaster area as a result of the named storm:

    • Superstorm Sandy: Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester​

    • Hurricane Irene: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Nassau, Orange, Otsego Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, Washington, and Westchester

    • Tropical Storm Lee: Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Delaware, Fulton, Herkimer, Oneida, Orange, Otsego, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Tompkins and Ulster

  • Your residential property was damaged as a direct result of one of these storms

  • Your residential property is a municipally approved dwelling unit

  • You have unmet needs after accounting for all federal, state, local and/or private sources of disaster-related assistance, including, but not limited to, homeowners, and/or flood insurance proceeds.

  • Property types eligible for assistance:

    • Single-family residences

    • Condominiums

    • Garden Apartments

    • Co-operatives

    • Mobile/Manufactured Homes

    • Two Unit Owner-occupied Properties

    • Rental Properties

  • The property was occupied as a primary residence (whether owner-occupied or rental) at the time of one of the three storms. 

What information is required to receive assistance?

Property owners will need to provide the following documents, at a minimum, along with their full and complete application for assistance. This information may be uploaded where identified in the online application OR may be submitted during a meeting with an assigned Customer Representative:

  • Proof of ownership of the disaster-damaged property (i.e. deed).
  • Documentation of household income.
  • Documentation of awards, offers of assistance, or payments to cover costs incurred from storm related damage National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), homeowners insurances or other sources including, but not limited to: FEMA, SBA, NYS HRRF, ESRF, or non-governmental sources such as personal loans or bank financing and denial of claims.

How do I apply?

  • These Programs will no longer be available to new applicants. These program closures do not affect homeowners already in the program, in process of receiving their award, or those seeking clarification of their award.


For questions about contractor licensing or how to choose a contractor on Long Island, contact:

  • Long Island Builders Institute (LIBI)

  • National Association of Remodelers Industry (NARI), or

  • American Institute of Architects Long Island chapter (AIA).

Co-Op & Condo Program

Fact Sheets Available Here

Rental Properties Program

Fact Sheets Available Here


Awards & Payments/Others